Head of Department
No of Vacancy/S
30th Jun 2023
Your role is to demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission-critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security.
- In-depth understanding of servers, systems and applications used in a service provider network.
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure.
- Establish, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions and work with developers to implement those fixes.
- Oversee the development of customized software and hardware requirements.
- Plan and implement systems automation as required for better efficiency.
- Formulate and design the security system in place to maintain data safety.
- Oversee the constant availability of technical resources.
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
- Timely reporting on the log sheet for the rapid response to any glitches.
- Hands-on experience in supporting, administering applications and systems
- Self-driven attitude to continually develop technical skills, research new technology and troubleshoot issues
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Experience administering Linux products, user management and application support
- Expert in both LAN and WAN environments, with experience supporting multiple remote locations
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Familiarization with DevOps tools (Ansible/Jenkins).
- Have known knowledge of effective cyber security tools.
- RHCE/Network Security Certification would be an added advantage.
- Experience with Linux, Unix, DNS, LDAP/AD as well as Linux shell/PowerShell scripting/MySQL is a plus.